About Open Burning
Open burning may be permitted in the City of Marietta October 1st through April 30th. To obtain a permit, request a permit for every day you intend to burn. The Marietta Fire Prevention Division may deny permission if conditions are too windy or too dry.
- Consider wind/weather conditions.
- A burning permit will be granted only for the reduction of leaves, pine straw, and twigs.
- Burning is permitted between the hours of 10 a.m. and one hour before sunset.
- Burning must be at least fifty feet from any structure.
- A garden hose connected to water supply must be available
- Fire must be attended by an adult at all times.
Outdoor fireplaces are not required to obtain a burn permit, however safety precautions should still be undertaken.
For more information about the open burning ban, call the Environmental Protection Division's air protection branch at 404-363-7000 or visit the Georgia Department of Natural Resources EPD website.