Building Plan Submission Requirements
For any building plans, including, new buildings, additions to buildings, tenant remodels, temporary buildings, and tenant finishes. A complete submittal will assist us in quickly processing your application.
1. The original Marietta Building Permit Application
2. Digital Media containing the following:
- Proof of approved site plans, when applicable
- Scope of work letter
- Letter from the tenant stating how the space will be used
- Plans/drawings - meeting the following minimum requirements:
- Job Name & Project Address on the plans
- Show a top view of the tenant location inside the building
- Overall area of the space shown; it must be scaled or show dimensions of each room
- Show all door, window and wall locations, as well as furniture layout, merchandise, shelving/fixtures for the tenant space
- Identify and label each room on the drawings - exit signs including tactile exit signs, emergency light & fire extinguisher locations
- Key Plan (Show the proximity of the space in conjunction with building and/or property
- Accessibility features and details including - accessible route, turning radius, counter heights, reach range, and restroom features.
- Complete egress route to 10-feet away- outside the building (Show how to access two exits)
State law requires an architect’s seal on any building more than 5,000 square feet, assembly, education, health care, correction or detention, hotel, dormitory or lodging, multi-family housing or apartment complex, and care facilities. Non-structural design may be sealed by a registered interior designer.