About the Plan Review Process
In the plan review process, a Fire Protection Analyst evaluates an occupancy's accessibility for the general public and emergency vehicles, as well as fire hydrant location and building construction (new and renovation). He or she then checks for compliance with the Life Safety Code, the Georgia Accessibility Code, the State and International Fire Code, and any other applicable city ordinances.
The Fire Marshal's office also reviews the plans and calculations for fire alarm, fire sprinkler, and alternative fire protection systems in both commercial and residential applications; fire protection systems must be permitted separately from the main building permit (see the City of Marietta Sprinkler Ordinance for details).
- 1-and-2 Family Fire Sprinkler System Checklist
- All Designers - Sample Code Summary Outline
- All Designers - Submittal Requirements
- Architect Engineer Seal Waiver Form
- Authorized Permit Agent Form
- Commercial Cooking Ventilation Control and Fire Protection Checklist
- Fire Alarm Checklist
- Fire Sprinkler System Checklist
- Firework Stand Application
- Hood Suppression System Plan Review Worksheet
- MFD FireworksTent or Stand Permit Requirements
- Personal Care Home - Certificate of Occupancy Procedures (2017)
- Residential Care Acknowledgement Letter
- Site Development Plan Review Checklist
- Sprinkler System - MFD NFPA 13 Owners Information Certificate
- Storage Areas - Commodity Protection Assessment and Arrangement Plan
- Storage Use Area Checklist
- Tenant Finish - Business or Mercantile <3000SF One Story
Can I meet with the plan reviewer?
A- Yes. By using the appointment request button, you can arrange a plan review appointment with the plan reviewer. In the case of a fire permit application, often times you can leave with a permit the same day.
Do you issue limited work permits?
A- Yes. Any time any work is done on a fire protection system in Marietta, a limited work permit must be issued. These permits are free of charge, and only require a scope of work letter to obtain.
What work can I do on a limited work permit?
A- Up to 4 fire alarm initiating and/or notification devices on a system or up to 5 sprinkler head add or relocates. Limited work permits are issued for either sprinkler work or fire alarm work.
Fire Sprinkler- I’m planning to do work. What is the submittal requirement?
1. Up to 5 heads – Limited Work Permit
2. 6-20 Heads – Permit application and Plans
3. More than 20 Heads – full submittal with application, plans, and hydraulic calculations
How can I find the Georgia Minimum Fire Safety Standards?
A- You can visit the GA State Fire Marshal’s website at State Fire Marshal's Rules and Regulations.