Purchasing Division FAQs
- Can I request a copy of the bidders or planholder's list?
- How can I obtain information about a posted or advertised bid?
- How do I know when the city is interested in making a purchase?
- What records are available for public inspection, and at what point in the contract award process may they be inspected? Is there a fee?
- Can I still bid on city solicitations if I live out of state?
- Do I need to be certified, pre-qualified, and/or pre-registered before I bid?
- How do I bid on a city solicitation?
- What disqualifies a bid?
- What if I don't live in Marietta or Cobb County?
- When are bids opened?
- Which ones should I bid on?
- What can I do to be more competitive on future city projects?
- How can I do business with the City of Marietta?
- Once after I register my business, when can I begin receiving bids?
- I am confused that some of your solicitations are opened publicly and some are not. Is there a reason why?
- What can I do if I feel an award has been improperly made as a result of a solicitation?
- What does, "Award will be made to the lowest, responsive and responsible bidder" mean? Even if I am the lowest bidder, is it possible I may not be awarded the contract?